SAN DIEGO, Nov. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: To celebrate National Adoption Day, all 28 Wendy's locations throughout the greater San Diego area are giving away FREE Wendy's Kids' Meals on Saturday, November 17, to encourage donations to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
All kids ages 12 and under will receive a free Kids' Meal when they visit a Wendy's restaurant with their parents or legal guardian. A parent or guardian must be present with child to receive the free meal. Wendy's encourages guests to make a monetary donation when visiting. No donation or purchase is required. One hundred percent of the donations received will benefit the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption to help find adoptive families for the more than 100,000 children waiting in foster care.
WHEN: Saturday, November 17 from 10 a.m.– 8 p.m.
WHERE: Participating Wendy's restaurants:
- 871 Broadway El Cajon, California
- 4770 Convoy St. San Diego, California
- 3760 Midway Drive San Diego, California
- 618 E Street Chula Vista, California
- 9290 Clairemont Mesa San Diego, California
- 686 Jamacha Road El Cajon, California
- 1111 Camino Del Rio S. Mission Valley, California
- 9655 Mission Gorge Santee, California
- 567 W. Vista Way Vista, California
- 102 Encinitas Blvd. Encinitas, California
- 8749 Campo Road La Mesa, California
- 2825 El Cajon Blvd. San Diego, California
- 1621 Grand Avenue San Diego, California
- 960 W. El Norte Escondido, California
- 1530 W. Valley Pkwy Escondido, California
- 8310 Rio San Diego Dr. San Diego, California
- 1002 Mission Avenue Oceanside, California
- 8637 Navajo San Diego, California
- 1660 Main Street Ramona, California
- 10196 Scripps Poway Pkwy. San Diego, California
- 3750 Plaza Drive Oceanside, California
- 960 Eastlake Parkway Chula Vista, California
- 10536 Craftsman Way San Diego, California
- 1497 Piper Ranch Road San Diego, California
- Building 1101, Vandegrift Blvd. Oceanside, California
- 6585 Mission Gorge Road San Diego, California
About The Wendy's Company
Wendy's® was founded in 1969 by Dave Thomas in Columbus, Ohio. Dave built his business on the premise, "Quality is our Recipe®," which remains the guidepost of the Wendy's system. Wendy's is best known for its made-to-order square hamburgers, using fresh, never frozen beef*, freshly-prepared salads with hand-chopped lettuce, and other signature items like chili, baked potatoes and the Frosty® dessert. The Wendy's Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is committed to doing the right thing and making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is most visible through the Company's support of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption® and its signature Wendy's Wonderful Kids® program, which seeks to find every child in the North American foster care system a loving, forever home. Today, Wendy's and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 6,600 restaurants worldwide with a vision of becoming the world's most thriving and beloved restaurant brand. For details on franchising, connect with us at www.wendys.com/franchising. Visit www.wendys.com and www.squaredealblog.com for more information and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram using @wendys, and on Facebook www.facebook.com/wendys.
*Fresh beef available in the contiguous U.S., Alaska, and Canada.
About The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is the only public nonprofit charity in the United States that is focused exclusively on foster care adoption. Through its signature program, Wendy's Wonderful Kids®, the Foundation gives funds and provides training to adoption agencies in the U.S. and Canada. The agencies hire adoption professionals who implement the Foundation's proactive Child-Focused Recruitment Model targeted exclusively on moving America's longest-waiting children from foster care into adoptive families.
The Foundation works closely with child welfare advocates and policymakers, provides free resources about foster care adoption and raises awareness through social media campaigns, public service announcements and events.
Brian Spongberg, WKS Frosty, (801) 691-3556; firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Baker, Ketchum, (214) 259-3408; email@example.com
SOURCE The Wendy's Company